For the best Garden Maintenance in Dublin, call Leaf2Leaf Landscapes.
Here are some good reasons to protect your home from costly water damage in an affordable manner.
water, leak, detection, detector, alarm, flood, damage
To find the best Garden Maintenance Company in Dublin, click here for Leaf2Leaf Landscapes.
Those who have experience the pain of a water leak in the past know the headache and hassle of trying to clean up the mess, let alone worry about the expensive repairs. Most likely if you were interested in this article you have experienced a water leak. Unfortunately in our society we usually need to experience a disaster before we will take the means to implement prevention measures for such disasters. A water leak is one such disaster that can be prevented, and there are some simple and affordable prevention options.
There are many reasons to protect your home from water damage. Hardwood floors tend to be a major issue if you experience water damage. In most cases the floor will need to be removed and replaced; this is also true for carpet. In some instances water leaks are not covered by home insurance policies, and almost always flood damage is not. However cleaning up a water leak and paying for the bill to restore the damage done is the most heart wrenching issue of a water leak.
There are a few articles out there about different types of water leak prevention options, here is a quick and easy to understand summary of the different options:
1. Simple Leak Detector
* A device that is place in an area of your home where you think water damage could occur, such as the kitchen, bathroom, or washing machine room.
* The device has sensors that will detect water or moisture and sound a loud alarm to notify you of a potential problem.
* The device does not stop the leak, you must do it manually.
* Cost ranges usually from $15-99 per unit.
2. Appliance Specific Leak Detector & Auto-shutoff
* A device that is directly attached to the water supply of a appliance such as a washing machine, fridge, icemaker, water heater, etc.
* The device may sound an alarm when a leak is detected or it may not.
* The device will automatically shut off the water supply to that specific unit. For example if you have a water heater unit and your water heater leaks it will turn off the water supply to the water heater, all other appliances will still work such as your fridge, washing machine, etc.
* Cost usually ranges from $99-$399 per unit.
3. Complete Detection & Auto-shutoff System
* A complete wired or wireless leak detections system for your entire house.
* Water sensors are placed throughout the house in every room or key locations.
* If any sensor detects a leak it will turn off the main water supply to your entire house.
* Some unit may have built in notification systems to page you or contact your home security service provider if you have one.
* Cost usually ranges from $199-$999
Remember all of these options are good and have pros and cons. You can get protection for as little as $20-40 or a complete system up to $999.